October through the begining of January are some of my favorite times of the year. It is so fun to get away from everyday life and focus on something else for a change. This year will be a new adventure for us, being married and all. So far not much has changed. It was a little different not seeing my own family for Thanksgiving, but we had such a fun time.
One of my other favorite things to do during the holidays is "black Friday" shopping. Living in tiny Ephraim didn't give you many opportunities to experience the craziness that takes place in the wee morning hours the day after Thanksgiving. This year my sister Lindsay came up Thursday night and the fun began. We partied until 11 where we then dragged Adam to come with us and all the "teeny boppers" out to the South Town Mall. We didn't really need anything, we just wanted to enjoy the experience. After throwing a few elbows we came home and took a little nap before we headed out again. This time we left Adam home. We then went to Target where all the real "crazies" were. Let me just say traffic jam inside the store, and then they didn't even have what we wanted. The last place we went was Walmart. Surprisingly, we walked right in and you would never know it was "black Friday". The funniest part was we had to wait in line to get out of the store. Thanks Lindsay for coming and hanging out with me. It was so much fun. I hope everyone else enjoyed their Thanksgiving. HaPpY HoLiDaYs!!!!
Starting School
11 years ago
4 comments:
DUH ! i am the favorite sister I don't disappoint! xoxo lindz
Hey Courtney! I am Adam's cousin and I saw that my sister added you on her blog so I thought I'd do the same. It's a great way to keep in touch. Love your blog!
Courtney, I have a question for you about working in the OB office. Are you still working there? You know those little purple books that Lisa and the other docs give out to track your pregnancy? Do you have access to a couple of those? I loved tracking my pregnancy with Rykker, and I have a few pregnant friends. I would love to get my hands on one or two of those books, but they don't give them out here! Anyway, could you e-mail me? Do you think we will get the chance to see you guys when we come out for Christmas, or are you going to your parents? Anyway, mindy@stromberg.us, or call/text me 801-898-1467. Thanks a ton!!!
Happy Helladays, Cousins!
Thank your lucky stars that you don't have to fly anywhere... holy flipping crap, I think I'm going to pull my hair out!!!
Post a Comment