Monday, March 15, 2010

V-day

I know I said I would post some pictures of the new house, but I had an accident and someone (no names here) sat on the camera and now it's picture taking abilities are a bit disabled for an indeterminable amount of time.
SO.....
I found something else to blog about. What better than a little v-day love in the middle of March? This year for V my sweet sister invited us up to her house for a little date and a movie. My little sister (Brooke 19 yr old, single, very cute) volunteered to tend the little munchkins for us. Adam and I weren't getting each other anything for V, not even that 1 thing most men get 1 time a year. Anyway, after running to walmart for about the bizillionth time I decided he is an amazing husband who puts up with a super crazy wife who tends to FREAK out about almost everything. Since I am a huge New Moon fan I thought it would be appropriate to get him Jacob chocolates in the shape of a heart. To make is more manly, i threw in a matchbox car of some sorts. I kept it hiding until the big day, and SURPRISE, here is your ever lame gift. I thought I had one upped him since I was sure he didn't get me anything, but I didn't. He in return got me a heart shaped box of chocolates. Yay for us, we can forever tell our children that so far we have always gotten each other something on V.
I must reverse for a few minutes. On Sat in celebration of V day, we were going to see a Big kid movie and go to Carino's. Adam and I sent Lindsay and Darren to get our name down while we found a parking spot. We found out the wait was like 2 hr, but knowing Idaho Falls, that is typical on a holiday. We decided to go and get movie tickets at the rip off theater. I can't even remember what we decided on but we purchased them and proceeded to go back to Carino's. Our time came, we enjoyed our delicious food, bread and some Strawberry Tre Musse (which was not that good). We finished dinner in record time and want to save a buck and go see New Moon at the dollar theater. Lindsay and I made the boys return our ridiculously priced tickets back to the theater while we pick up the car. Made it to the movie, with free popcorn to spare.
Long story short...... Food good, movie free and good, full bellies and loving husbands. What more could you ask for?

3 comments:

Gonzales Family said...

Cute pictures of us! I hope that you will email them to me ASAP! We did have a very awesome time on V day!

Tiff said...

Hmmmm... who could have sat on your camera?? I'm going to take a guess here... ;-) It sounds like you had a nice Valentine's Day. I am excited to see your pictures one day when the camera-breaking culprit buys you a replacement! (hint, hint, Adam!)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun adventure! That's so wonderful! love the pics too!