Well since I use this as my way to sort of journal I will post anyway. 2011 has brought about a lot of new and scary things in the Frisbee house. First off Adam GRADUATED! Hurray!! It has been a long time coming, but he did it! I am so proud of him. He graduated from the U (woot, woot) in business for computer mumbo jumbo (let's face it, I really have no idea). He is still working at the Salt Palace as the manger of the IT department. He has also started working here and there at Western Foods, so some days he works until 9 or so at night! He has also been helping me out with a few online classes. Without his help there is no way I would be able to get through this semester! Let's just say no ones husband it better than mine!
Me on the other hand, I have been doing the scary stuff. Back in November I was told I wouldn't have a job for much longer if I wasn't able to work full time. With my rad tech program, there is no way I would be able to work full time and go to school/clinical another 40 hours. It was really hard to hear, and I felt a little hurt. I have been working for the same office for 4 years and was blind sided by this. I was told I would have two weeks from when they hired someone before I would be done. Let me just tell you that this went of for 2 months. I never knew if I was 2 weeks away from no longer having a job. After a lot of searching and a lot of interviews, I was able to find a prn job at an OB/GYN clinic in orem. By then I was so worn out from the daily up's and down's that I put in my 2 weeks. The weight that had been on my shoulder for so long was lifted. I felt ok about leaving my current job because they had a replacement for me, so i didn't feel like I was leaving them high and dry. I was asked to stay prn at my current job as well!
You have to understand how wonderful the people I work with are. There are around 25+ of us and we are all women. You heard me right! Somehow we put all the pettyness behind us to keep our clinic running smoothly. They are all so wonderful, they are my home away from home. I never woke up dreading going to work.Eventhough it was super busy and stressful, I loved every minute of it! It was so hard to leave! I had a hard time telling my patients that I was leaving. I have been through so many ups and downs with a lot of them. I have been with them for many of their babies being born! The joys that come with birth as well as the sorrows that come to those who didn't make it. I know their mom's, sisters, in-laws, friends they are like my own friends in many ways. They are so cute!
Well... I started my new job just knowing it was not going to be the same, how could it? Let me just tell you what a new experience this has been. I am working with a lot of women and for the first time.... men! Oh yes, men. It has been a wonderful experience, very different, but good. The people are so nice and sweet. They care about each other and know their patients as well. The other thing I like is that you are never alone. You always have at least one other nurse/ma working with you for the same doctor. Right now I am training, but I have been working around 20 hrs a week. It has been so nice to wake up without an alarm and still get to work on time. I am able to relax a little instead of running from place to place.
With me not working as much brings about a whole new financial situation. Somehow we will make it (we are totally fine), for the first time I actually have to stick to a budget. I just keep reminding myself that the Lord has something great in store for us. From this who knows what opportunities will come to make our lives better. We have been blessed with so much in our lives together so far. No matter what storms may come, eventually it will all end. "Things will work out in the end, and if they haven't worked out then it's not the end!"











4 comments:
I read your blog! I gotta know what's going on in your life some how!
Hello First, my husband can give your husband a run for his money! 2, before Adam corrects you you out "blink sided" instead of Blindsided! he he I thought I would be your spell check for a change!Love ya
xoxo Gossip Girl
Congrats to Adam, and good for you, Courtney! It's so good to know that you're able to work PRN - that's so perfect for school. You are right - things always work out. You just take it one day at a time. :)
Congratulations Adam! :) I'm so glad that everything worked out for you job-wise and that things are looking brighter! I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment