Sunday, May 17, 2009

Salt Lake City Here We Come

I am super behind on all of my posting so you'll have to forgive me. A few weeks ago my Older sister Kristen and my BFF Christy and I all decided to do the Salt Lake City 1/2 marathon. Christy and I has been training for a couple of months before so we would be able to run the full 13.1 miles. As the days ticked by, so did our enthusiasm. The night before Kristen and I carb loaded at Olive Garden. While we were waiting for our table we ran over to Nordstroms and saw some really cute headbands with big flowers on them. Being the crafters that we are, we decided to create them ourselves. With a little trip to Walle World we were set to craft, did i mention this was about 10:00 pm the night before the race? We woke up the next morning with our Gatorade and power bars and we were off. We managed to run a little more than half (around 7 or so miles) before my knees pooped out. It was such a blast! I couldn't move for about 4 days and ended up with tendinitis in both knees, but it was defiantly worth it. I think we are planning to make this a tradition! Thanks gals for putting up with my lameness!

2 comments:

Our Family said...

wow court i could never do such a thing as run that long for fun you are a tropper and great job on doing it.

Justin and Tauna said...

Holy Moly, that awesome that you ran 7 miles, I can't even run one. But I am planning on running the little 5K at the scandanavian festival this year. But I could never do what you just did.