Thursday, February 6, 2014

Drama Lama at 30 weeks


How far along? 30 weeks 
Total weight gain: Once again I didn’t weigh this week (Pre-pregnancy weight 136lbs, lost 3 lbs so 133 at my first appt)
Maternity clothes: Mostly my wardrobe revolves around sweats and whatever tee-shirts I can still fit into. I do get dressed up for Dr. Appointments or if I am leaving the house.
Stretch marks? 1 or 2 tiny ones
Sleep: Sleep is touch and go. This week, I’ll sleep really well from about 9pm until 1am and then I am up until 5. After watching some Netflix, I usually go crawl back into bed for an hour or so.
Best moment this week:  Getting to see my beautiful babies and knowing they are growing big and strong. Yesterday Luke’s weight was 3lb 4 oz and Lydia was 3 lb 2 oz. Good job little ones!
Miss Anything?  Being able to move without feeling like a 90 year old. I was also just put on bed rest for the next 6 weeks also. I explain more below.
Movement: I am starting to feel less movement, but I can see it more. I think they are starting to get settled into one place.
Food cravings: The last few days, fruit is definitely on the list.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I still have a hard time eating anything I've cooked or meat. Other than that, I don’t have much else that bothers me.
Gender: Boy and Girl
Labor Signs: I hadn’t been feeling Lydia move for 24 hours, so I called into the Dr. just to ease my mind. The nurse sent me to Labor and Delivery to make sure it everything was ok. Going to l&d was making me nervous, so I stopped and picked Adam up from work. I checked in and of course they found Luke’s heartbeat right away, but it took a minute to find Lydia’s. As soon as they got the monitor on her she was kicking up a storm. Little stinker!
They did notice that I was having a lot of contractions, none of which I could feel. They took some blood to run tests and checked my cervix which was dilated to 1cm. They decided to start me on some Nifedipine to try and stop the contractions and also gave me 2 liters of fluid to make sure I wasn't dehydrated. None of it made a deference. The nurse checked my cervix again and I was at 1 ½ cm. My Dr came down to talk to me and we made a tentative plan, which included an overnight hospital stay and some steroids to help the babies’ lungs mature, just in case.
They moved me over to a L&D room to be monitored some more, and make sure I wasn't really in labor. By this time I was starting to pick up on some of the really strong contractions. After a few hours, nothing had changed so I was sent up to the post-partum floor for the night. Now it was about 8pm, and my short stop had now turned into an overnight stay.
I didn't sleep a wink all night and the Nifedipine was giving me really bad headaches. I felt like the longest night of my life! The next day I just hung out waiting for and ultrasound and a non-stress test (NST), both of which looked great! Babes were moving perfectly and I wasn’t having any contractions. I also had my 2nd steroid injection. My Dr came up and talked to me and said thing were looking good, but she wanted to keep me for another night, to make sure the steroid were on board. Luckily I talked her into letting me go home, if I promised to take it very easy today. I was finally discharged around 7pm, best feeling EVER!
I am now on bed rest for the next 6 weeks which was not part of the plan! Hopefully everything will calm down and I can keep them in until they are good and healthy. I follow up with my Dr. and MFM on tues. These babies better behave until them.
Symptoms: I am getting heartburn when I go to bed, 2 tums and I’m all better!
Belly Button in or out? Definitely out
Wedding rings on or off? On and off. Some days I can wear it all day and others it’s tight by the end of the night.
Happy or Moody most of the time: As long as things don’t go too crazy than I am happy. If you start throwing wrenches in my day than the water works threaten to show.

 Looking forward to: My baby shower on Sat. I can’t wait to get some fun stuff for these kidos.

No comments: